Learn to give Shon more space Go to Russia to see my family
- Have them come over to see us – Mom’s visa interview is next week!
Do a video interview with my Grammy or at least write the questions and mail them to Mom & Dad so that they can interview her
- Write at least one email to each of my friends/family members every month – failed miserably. But we do keep in touch thru Facebook
Become good friends with someone in the area Have a really fun Valentine’s Day
- Get pregnant (by the end of this) – not happening just yet
- Give Shon small gifts once a month – could have done much better!
- Take Shon on picnics once a month in spring and summer – I’ve done this a couple of times, but there are no picnic-friendly places where we are now
- To dress for my body – I hope there’s an improvement
- The lyrics to “We Didn’t Start the Fire” by Billy Joel
To make pancakes
- To make those awesome rolls my Mom and Grammy make – I guess it will take Mom coming over for me to learn!
- More about Russian and US history - failed
To make good pizza crust
- To accept criticism – I think there’s progress
- To ignore criticism when it concerns your creativity – doing much better!
The two piano pieces I've been torturing for years Another piano piece or two
- 50 more recipe cards for my sister - failed
- A scrapbook - failed
A pair of baby booties for Mackenzie’s baby (by July)
Hobbies and Activities:
- Take at least once picture every day – haven’t done this consistently, but have been taking a lot of pictures anyway
- Do at least one sketch a week - failed
- Find someone to illustrate my children's story (Brandon?) – tried but failed
- Try to get it published – didn’t even try
Travel, travel, travel
- Crochet a sweater – maybe this fall?
- Take dancing lessons with Shon – no dancing classes available!
- Take beading/wirework classes – none available!
- Find a hobby or two Shon and I can enjoy together – hmmm
Adopt/buy a dog
- Get my French and Spanish back in shape - failed
Participate in the shoebox project Volunteer somewhere Keep track of the books I’ve read during these 1001 days– done pretty good with this!
- Write in my paper journal at least once a week- failed
- Read 10 non-fiction books on art/music/history/photography/traveling/p
sychology/writing/teaching/religion – need to recount
- Get Marva to take me flying on her plane – we moved
- Go to at least a couple of knitting club meetings with Mackenzie – we moved
to Billy Joel and Elton John’s concert while they are on tour together– went to see U2 instead!
- Dress up for Halloween (I’ve never done it!!) - failed
Go to see some cool show – a musical, Cirque de Soleil, Snow Show – something!– went to New American Shakespeare Tavern.
- Reread the poetry by the British and American poets I studied at RACU - partway
Have people come over and hang out more often
- Buy a tablet and learn to operate it - failed
- Swim with dolphins - failed
- Visit Williamsburg - failed
Visit Washington D.C
- Take a picture of every goal completed – failed. Was not a good idea
- Organize or help organize a cookie swap party - failed
- Ride horses down a trail with Shon, Katie, and Garth – we moved!
- Bake bread at least once a month – failed.
Go to the beach at least once
- Once a month, take a picture of a dish I made and post it together with the recipe – failed. Didn’t do it regularly
- Write a Christmas song – failed, but wrote 2 other songs
- Finish the “Clear” song – see above
- Complete 2 reasonable large cross-stitch projects – failed. Have 2 half-way done
Try harder to sell my crocheted baby booties– I did. But now I don’t have time.
Health and Beauty:
Exercise at least twice a week
- Get my flat stomach back and keep it that way – failed. Still working on it!
Cut down on bad carbs Eat at least one serving of FRESH fruit or vegetable a day Find 101 good vegetarian recipes (and try them all!)– I’m sure I found and tried more! Drink those 8 glasses of water every day!– I’ve been pretty good Use hand and body lotions every day Keep my eyebrows in shape Find a lipstick that will look good on me
- Take my vitamins daily – still struggling to remember
Use sunscreen every day between March and November– use it every day when I do more than a 5-minute car ride
- See a dermatologist - failed
- Buy a really really cool set of lingerie :P - failed
- Get a professional pedicure at least once - failed
Dress up more often
Find a way to combine my Russianness with my emerging Americanness
- Lie and pretend less, be myself more
- Figure out if I have any other talents besides speaking English, since this one doesn’t count anymore
Stop saving on myself Stop expecting others to entertain me during holidays – make those days special myself Be confident
- Stop comparing myself to others – I think there’s progress
Do some sort of fasting during the last week of the Great Lent – give up sweets, or Internet, or whatever Enjoy life
Find a job Get the Green Card
- Get the permanent Green Card – awaiting the decision from USCIS
- Put together an application for citizenship – can’t do it until next March
- Figure out what I want to do with my B.A. in English language and Literature, if anything – still working on it
- Find a way to do some interpreting/translating without making Shon move to a big city - failed
- Help Shon get us out of debt – credit cards and bike loan paid off! School loan left.
- Get a job oversees - or at least go there with Shon while he is teaching there – almost went to UAE this year. Had to turn it down. Next year will try again.
Balance my checkbook every week– not necessary anymore. I do it online!
- Have professional pictures of me and Shon taken twice a year – once a year is more like it
- Mop the floors twice a week - failed
- Donate some money to RACU – it no longer exists
Have an herb garden– how about a real garden? Become a really good and careful driver
- Buy a Mini Cooper – were looking at them, but need something bigger
- Copy all of my new photos and writings to CD’s once a month - failed
- Start a Bible study for the girls from our youth group or help Megan start one - failed
I have not completed everything, but I think I've done fairly well, considering that I mostly forgot about this list and that certain goals became impossible to complete since we moved away from friends and civilization 2 years ago.